Deciding Which Files to Install
The LumenVox software on Windows consists of several installation packages, each of which provides different functionality. The following packages are available:
- Engine: This is the core ASR package on Windows that also contains many of the supporting components (such as the LumenVox Media Server and the LumenVox Dashboard) used throughout our product suite. It is a required component for most installations.
- LVTTSServer: This is the core TTS package that is used to provide text-to-speech functionality. It must be installed for any configuration that makes use of TTS.
- LicenseServer: This package includes the License Server, which is used to serve licenses to the various LumenVox products. If you are using LumenVox's hosted/subscription licenses, this component does not need to be installed.
- SpeechTuner: Provides the LumenVox Speech Tuner utility, for analyzing and improving the results of ASR and TTS applications. This is an optional package that can be installed on standalone machines and does not need to be installed in order to achieve core functionality.
- TTS voices: There are a number of TTS voice packages that must be installed in order to get TTS functionality working. Which voice you need to install depends on which TTS languages and voices you have licensed. If you need help understanding which TTS voice package to install, please contact LumenVox Support.
- ASR acoustic models: Much like the TTS voices, there are a number of ASR acoustic models (with names like MexicanSpanish) that must be installed in order to use different languages with speech recognition. Note that American English is installed by default with the Speech Engine package. For more on this topic, see Working with Languages in the ASR.
Installing LumenVox Products on Windows
You must have administrative privileges in order to install the LumenVox software. The installation itself is relatively simple; simply download the appropriate installer package and then double-click to run it.
The installation wizard will start and prompt you to choose a "complete" or "custom" installation. Most installations are complete. Choosing "custom" will allow you to configure things such as the directory in which the product will be installed.
If you are installing multiple packages, the Engine package should always be installed first. After you have installed the Engine, restart your computer and then proceed to install the other packages. You do not need to restart after any installations except the Engine package.
Once installed, most of the LumenVox components will be registered as services and are set to start automatically.
Once you have installed the Engine and License Server, see the Licensing Overview to get started licensing your software.